dotProject Forums

dotProject Forums (http://forums.dotproject.net/index.php)
-   New Module Announcements (http://forums.dotproject.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   dotProject TaskTracker V1.0 (http://forums.dotproject.net/showthread.php?t=4622)

Frank Hönisch 10-03-06 08:26 PM

dotProject TaskTracker V1.0

The first Widget from tyclipso.net revolutionizes the timetracking during the working on tasks of projects. Thereby it creates a better performance, qualified project data and the permanent overview over the status of the own tasks.

The TaskTracker V1.0 can load user-referred projects and tasks from the dotProject and shows the status, final date and the progress in percent.
By clicking on a ‘i’-Symbol on the list the browser will open the according project/task-side of the dotProject.

You can click on a project, select a task and start the timetracking. Now you can see two textareas where you can enter notes and a new percentage to the task. On the bottom of the widget you can see how long you still working. When you finished you can stop the task.

The data can be synchronized at any time with your dotProject. For synchronisation the widget uses a PHP-Script. The TaskTracker V1.0 can also work when you have partly no connection to the dotProject. When you are still connected you can synchronize at every time you want by clicking on the ‘Synchronize-Button’. So the Tracking is also possible during a business trips or by local work on the laptop.

In addition you can generate a daily report and save it as HTML-File.

Our partner agency solongo.design still working with the TaskTracker V1.0. and they are happy about the easier project management.

If you want to use the TaskTracker V1.0 you need the dotProject V2.0.1. and the Yahoo Widget Engine (http://widget.yahoo.com).

You can download the TaskTracker V1.0 from http://www.tyclipso.net/de/dotProject_TaskTracker.htm

MacOfTheEast 10-03-06 10:47 PM

Re: dotProject TaskTracker V1.0

Very, very nice Frank! Thank you and your team for the excellent work and contribution.

But... as a Mac OS X user, and since the Yahoo Widget Engine is based on OS X technology, perhaps you'd consider making the widget OS X Tiger compliant. (It would just need a small bit of tweaking: instructions are on the Apple Developer web site.) Now, OS X Tiger does not recognize it as a "standards compliant" widget (whatever that means) :-)

Again, thank you!

MOTE

Denis Bartelt | tyclipso 10-03-06 11:08 PM

Uuh, okay... we didn't checked that on tiger yet. Thank you for the hint -> we will test and overdo this in a view days. Till this update comes - the Tigers are not able to use TaskTracker as it seems. Sorry guys.

MacOfTheEast 10-03-06 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis Bartelt | tyclipso
Uuh, okay... we didn't checked that on tiger yet. Thank you for the hint -> we will test and overdo this in a view days. Till this update comes - the Tigers are not able to use TaskTracker as it seems. Sorry guys.

Sounds good. Thank you again. Yes... you're right. Until some small mods are made, us "Tigers" can not enjoy your fine program.

MOTE

Maxim.Bolshakov 20-03-06 07:54 AM

Hallo, ich verwende DotProject mit russisce Localisation und TaskTracker zeigt russische Projects und Tasks falsh kodiert!!! und wenn ich neue Tasklog in TaskTracker schreibe dann in DotProject wird es nit ?????? angezeigt!!!

Ich denke, dass TaskTracker hat Problemme mit UTF8?

Kann ich TaskTracker auch auf russisch finden?

Frank Hönisch 20-03-06 08:31 PM

Danke für den Hinweis,

ich habe bis jetzt nicht mit kyrillischen Zeichen getestet. Es wird sehr wahrscheinlich an der UTF-8 Codierung liegen, dass diese nicht einwandfrei funktioniert. Ich werde dem Problem nachgehen.

Frank Hönisch

Wendebaum 23-03-06 10:45 PM

A great piece of software. I did hide the server information as not everyone should see the data and get access to the database and I added LDAP-Auth which is used in our company.

Now I have to propose it a bit and see, if it is accepted. :)

I can send you the modified version if you like. It's a dirty hack, though...

Jochen Wendebaum

Maxim.Bolshakov 24-03-06 05:30 PM

Hallo Frank,
wenn du russische Version machen willst, dann würder ich dir mit Übersetzung gerne helfen :)

dekamerone 25-03-06 09:14 PM

Hallo Frank,

I'm just installed TaskTracker-Widget - very nice tool for well organised people :-) - thank you.
And to my surprise: it worked well with https-connection: thanks again!

Only two suggestions:
- Why not use server-side database connection parameters, maybe by including ../dotproject/includes/config.php into your server-side PHP-Script? That way your users doesnt have to configure and to know some critical administration data ...

- For not so well organised people (like the Companies Boss for instance ;-) ): the possibility of doing the Working Hours entries "by hand" at a later time (similar to the "progress" value).

The second problem is a Killer criteria for the successful introduction of the tool in many environments I guess ... what do you think about the expenditure of time to make this feature work?

Best greeetings from Leipzig : Michael

Frank Hönisch 27-03-06 06:54 PM

Hello
Quote:

Why not use server-side database connection parameters
Yes thats possible. I will change it accordingly.

Quote:

For not so well organised people (like the Companies Boss for instance ;-) ): the possibility of doing the Working Hours entries "by hand" at a later time (similar to the "progress" value).
If I understood it correctly, you want to select a task and enter in a form the working time. I think for this feature I need a day.