PDA

View Full Version : Can't Install on EasyPhp 1.8

dragondz
27-11-05, 10:50 PM
Hi,

I try to install dotPoject 2.0.1 on local machine just for making tests but the installation make error when creating db :
"WARNING : mysql_connect() : access denied for user 'root'@'@localhost' in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\dotproject\lib\adodb\drivers\adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 327"

I think the pb came in the manner to set the mysql user name (root@localhost) but Ididn't find where to change that.

I am under win2000SP4 and easyPhp 1.8, the installation test page says that php, apache and Mysql where OK.

Is someone can help?
Thanks

dumarjo
29-11-05, 03:20 AM
you must have a user table. On the filed host you should put localhost.

regards

Jonathan

dragondz
29-11-05, 08:36 PM
Thanks for answering,

I created a user just fot dotproject, and the installer gives me another message :

Progress:
Creating new Database
Installing database
There were 199 errors in 200 SQL statements
FATAL ERROR: Connection to database server failed

When looking to Mysql Lob I found :

[Warning]Mysql.user table is not updated to new password format; disabling new password usage until mysql_fix_privilege_tables is run

I don't now where the problem is.

Someone tryed to intsall dotProject en local with easyPhp?

dragondz
29-11-05, 10:08 PM
Finally I decided remove easyPhp and use a new installation of Apache 1.3 and Mysql 4.0.1 with php and then the installation go on without Errors,

But I think it will be intersting to now what to change in easyPhp to make installation of dotProject, many people use it for testing.

I will now try to discover DotProject!

Thanks

caseydk
30-11-05, 12:47 AM
I don't think any of the issues you've described have anything to do with dotProject. They all appear to be mysql permissions issues.

In order to use mysql for anything, you must create a database, create a user, and then grant permissions for that user on that database. Then use this information for your dotProject installation.

dragondz
30-11-05, 06:59 PM
Yes the problem is not on dotProject it is on EasyPhp, I just said that it will be usefull de now what change en easyPhp to make installation of dotproject.